Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 24, 2008

ARE YOU A BEAD PICKER ?

Today I heard a tractor coming down the road. Since we don't have too many of those passing by now days, I went to see what was going on. You might know that it was a farmer on a tractor....and attached to the tractor was a picking machine. I knew that it was a picking machine because I had seen it in a field of cotton last week and , for sure, it was picking the cotton. Seems to me that it was wasting more that it was saving. There was a lot on the ground and a good bit left on the bushes....This did not happen when the cotton was hand picked.

Well at any rate, I ask the farmer if he could pick my "beads" with his machine and showed him the trees. Would you believe he almost laughed his head off and then he laughed some more. I did not think that it was so "cotton pickin'" funny. I really need those "beads" picked ! When he realized that I was serious (he had that "you really are a nut case" look on his face) he very carefully explained that the cotton picking machine could not reach up high into the trees, it could only pick things that were down low to the ground.

As he pulled his fancy picking machine,back into the road, he was still laughing. I just don't understand it at all.

1 comment:

my tiny studio said...

What a mean man . Hope you get some one to pick them.